- In the event that movie shows any recognizable living clients and/or recognizable personal stats, writers need certainly to demonstrate that consent happens to be acquired. If your consent that is patient ended up being given to the relevant article, there’s no necessity to supply this once more for the video clip.
- Please utilize the compression parameters that video sites that are sharing. Frequently they are standard choices from your modifying pc computer computer software. a guide that is comprehensive offered by the vimeo site.
Videos are way too big to e-mail therefore will have to be uploaded to BMJ’s account from the Hightail web site. Please range from the journal’s name as well as your manuscript ID number within the message field – this will allow us to fit your movie to your paper. Your video clip has to be gotten because of the time you get back the modifications for the article evidence, at the extremely latest. Take note that in the event that you miss the deadline, this may cause delays in publication of both your article and the video if you do not correctly label your video or.
All movie abstracts is supposed to be evaluated for suitability because of the editorial publication and team is certainly not assured. In a few full instances editors may request edits to your video clip.
Movie abstracts are embedded in the research article on the internet and additionally posted individually from the journal’s YouTube channel. They have been posted underneath the same copyright terms since the article.
Article processing fees
During distribution, writers can decide to own their article published open access for GBP 1950 (plus VAT for British and EU writers). Writers also can elect to publish their article in color for the print version – rather than the standard choice of black colored and that is white GBP 250. There are not any distribution, web page or colour that is online-only fees.
To learn more about open access, funder compliance and programmes that are institutional view here.
Tobacco Control adheres to BMJ’s Tier 3 data policy. We highly encourage that data created by your quest that supports your article be produced available as quickly as possible, anywhere legitimately and ethically feasible. A Data must be contained by all research articles Availability Statement. To get more information and FAQs, please see BMJ’s Data Sharing Policy that is full web web page.
Tobacco Control mandates ORCID iDs for the submitting writer at enough time of article distribution; co-authors and reviewers are highly encouraged to additionally connect their ScholarOne reports to ORCID. We highly genuinely believe that the increased use and integration of ORCID iDs are going to be very theraputic for the research community that is whole.
Please find more info about ORCID and BMJ’s policy on our Author Hub .
Please review the article that is below requirements such as the needed article lengths, pictures, dining dining table restrictions and guide counts. The term count excludes the name web web page, abstract, tables, acknowledgements, contributions and recommendations. Manuscripts should always be because succinct as you can.
For further help when coming up with your distribution please relate to the resources available from the BMJ Author Hub. Right Here you’ll find informative data on writing and formatting your quest until the review that is peer and advertising your paper. You can also need to utilize the language translation and editing solutions given by BMJ Author Services.
A free service to help you maximise your article’s reach if your article is accepted you can take advantage of BMJ’s partnership with Kudos.
Articles reporting research may be complete size or brief reports. Documents should generally be no more than 3500 terms in total, excluding tables, sources, abstract and ‘What this paper adds’. Exceptions may sometimes be manufactured to the, especially in the outcome of review articles, qualitative research and tobacco industry document research, however in basic shorter documents could be more competitive for publication. The editors will think about the merits associated with case for extended documents on a case-by-case basis, but documents more than 5000 terms won’t be considered. Writers are highly motivated to see or watch the suggested length restrictions, as extortionate size may disadvantage an otherwise appropriate paper because of the area limits of this journal.
Writers will include an area entitled ‘What this paper adds’, which summarises the key communications from the study the following:
- What exactly is currently understood with this topic. in 2 or three solitary phrase bullet points please summarise hawaii of medical knowledge about this topic. Be specific and clear, maybe perhaps not obscure.
- What gaps that are important knowledge occur on this subject.
- Just exactly just What this scholarly research adds. In a single or two sentence that is single points give a straightforward response to the concern ‘ What do we currently understand due to this research that people would not understand before?’. Be brief, succinct, certain, and accurate.
Term count: generally as much as 3500 terms
Tables/Illustrations: as much as 5
References: no limitation, but be sure to use sources only as required
this informative article type is susceptible to interior and peer review that is external
Brief reports are reduced variations of initial articles, must not go beyond 1500 terms, and might add one table or figure.
This short article kind is susceptible to internal and outside peer review.
Letter (original research)
Research letters meant for publication should always be at the most 500 terms, 10 sources, and something dining table or figure. Those answering articles posted into the log must be submitted as described below under communication.
Research letters must not replicate information provided within the text of a write-up. They need to have name, a quick practices part, outcomes and a conversation.
This informative article kind is susceptible to interior and peer review that is external.
Special communications are papers that don’t report original research information but which give a conversation, analysis, or report about a particular topic. Generally speaking these is 3500 terms or less, with smaller efforts advantaged in consideration of room limits.
This informative article kind is susceptible to interior and peer review that is sometimes external.
Review articles offer analysis the literary works, often concerning a specific topic, nation, or region that is geographical. Review manuscripts, including meta-analyses, includes an abstract aided by the after headings: objective, data sources, research selection, information removal, information synthesis, and conclusions authors review that is submitting and reports of this outcomes of meta-analyses should prepare an abstract of no more than 250 terms underneath the after headings:
- Objective – The abstract must start having a accurate declaration for the main goal of this review. The main focus of the declaration must be directed by perhaps the review emphasises facets such help write an essay as for example cause, behavior, intervention, populace, or prevention. It will consist of information regarding the particular populace, intervention, visibility, and test or result this is certainly being evaluated.
- Data sources – a summary that is succinct of sources must certanly be offered, including any moment limitations. Prospective sources consist of experts or research institutions mixed up in field, computerised databases and posted indexes, registries, abstract booklets, meeting procedures, recommendations identified from bibliographies of relevant articles and publications, and organizations or manufacturers of tests or agents being evaluated. In cases where a bibliographic database is utilized, the actual indexing terms employed for article retrieval ought to be stated, including any constraints (as an example, English language or peoples topics).
- Learn selection – The abstract should explain the requirements used to pick studies for step-by-step review from among studies defined as strongly related the subject. Information on selection will include specific populations, interventions, results, or designs that are methodological. The technique used to apply these requirements is specified – for instance, blind review, opinion, numerous reviewers. The percentage of initially identified studies that came across selection requirements ought to be stated.
- Information removal – tips useful for abstracting data and data that are assessing and credibility (such as for example requirements for causal inference) must be described. The strategy through which the principles had been used should always be stated: for instance, separate extraction by numerous observers.
- Data synthesis – the primary link between the review, whether qualitative or quantitative, should really be stated. Practices utilized to have these total outcomes ought to be outlined. Meta-analyses should state the major outcomes that had been pooled you need to include odds ratios or impact sizes if feasible, sensitiveness analyses. Numerical outcomes should really be combined with self- self- confidence periods, if applicable, and precise amounts of statistical importance. Evaluations of testing and diagnostic tests should deal with dilemmas of sensitiveness, specificity, likelihood ratios, receiver operating attribute curves, and predictive values. Assessments of prognosis ought to include summarisations of survival characteristics and associated variables. Major identified sources of variation between studies should really be stated, including variations in therapy protocols, co-interventions, confounders, result measures, follow through, and dropout prices.
- Conclusions – The conclusions and their applications must be obviously stated, restricting generalisation towards the domain of this review. The necessity for brand brand new studies can be recommended.
Term count: by settlement, but generally speaking 5000 terms or less (excluding tables, numbers and sources)
this short article kind is susceptible to interior and peer review that is external.